Monday, April 7, 2008

Portraiture Follow Up, Combining Ideas

I continued to experiment with the software during the week - with friends. Kate and I were playing and discovered that if you use a background image with text - the juxtaposition can be quite interesting.

Here is a progression of portraits - The earlier idea of combining something someone has written into the portrait was the theme for the last few takes.




I asked Kate to experiment with the software - she picked up a coupon from the table and played with that format.




Then on the subway over to Cat's house I thought about using personal writings... and moving light around her head in the background to try and get more interesting difference matching. I asked her to pick images that she felt reflected her interests & desires..



Kathryn took a few pages from her diary here and watched how the software rendered her - I like these the best of the portraits I have taken so far - There are hidden gems in the text and she was open to the idea of seeing herself in the writing.

No comments: